- You must currently be a college freshman or older. (Each role will have unique age requirements.)
- Must be 18 years of age or older. (Under 18 requires parental consent to participate.)
- Must have a valid driver’s license. (You are responsible for travel to Atlanta for training, and to and from beach retreat locations.)
- Must have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and be active in a local church or ministry.
- Must be willing to fundraise $2,000 to help assist in the cost of housing and food for the summer.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds and be in well enough physical health to handle some physical labor and summer heat.
- Must obtain 3 references from non-family members.
Want to know more? Read this account from Anna-Murphy, a summer intern from 2016.
- Upon completion of training, you will be placed in one of the following roles:
- While you will have an individual role, the entire team is responsible for the success of the retreat. You will “own” one area, but the whole team will contribute.
- We ask for a complete summer commitment according to the dates below.
- Final selection for new applicants – February 1, 2017
- Family Partner Training – Dates TBD
- Summer Staff Training (Atlanta) – May 17-26, 2017
- Summer Staff Training (Beach) – May 30 – June 2, 2017
- Week Off – July 2 – July 8
- Summer End – July 29
You are required to obtain 3 non-family member references. References must include 1 former employer or manager, and 1 person from a ministry in which you have served. Please direct your references to the application below. Your application is incomplete without references and will not be considered until all 3 references are received.