Family Partner Commitments
By submitting my application to serve as a Family Partner, I understand that I am committing to the standards and guidelines of Lighthouse Family Retreat, that are as follows:
To fill up first.
- An investment and priority in growing in my personal relationship with Jesus.
To serve others.
- We consider each retreat a local mission trip.
- You are committing to a “serve others first” mentality and heart.
To Lighthouse Family Retreat
- If selected to serve, I commit to raise or personally give $1,200 per adult (18 and over), $750 per teenager (13-17), & $250 per child (12 & under).
- I commit to paying the $150 non-refundable deposit upon my acceptance on a retreat.
- I commit to raise the Family Partner minimum support even if I am unable to attend the retreat.
- I commit to turn in my support to Lighthouse Family Retreat.
- I understand that any funds raised in excess of my goal will go directly to support the Retreat Families.
- I commit to have the full amount of my support raised and submitted to Lighthouse one week prior to my retreat.
- Please note: Family Partner support cannot be moved to a different calendar year, nor can one’s fundraising surplus be credited to a future retreat season. The support minimum goes directly towards assisting the cost of sending a family living through childhood cancer on a retreat, as well as the family partners who serve them.
- I commit to attend any pre-retreat training events.
- Out of state Family Partners will be required to view the pre-retreat materials provided by the Lighthouse Family Retreat staff.
- I commit to the dates, locations and times of my selected retreat. I understand that my presence is expected for the entire retreat.
- I commit to the background check required by Lighthouse to serve on the retreat.
- I commit to abstain from alcohol while on retreat.
- I commit to always “Travel in 3s” – so that I am never alone with a child or someone of the opposite sex.