- Children (18 years and younger) with cancer who are currently on therapy or have been off therapy for less than one year are eligible to attend Lighthouse with their immediate family members who are living at home with them (limited to 2 adults and siblings under the age of 21). There is no cost to attend the retreat (housing, meals/snacks, and everything involved during the week are included). Each retreat home or condo typically houses 2-4 families. Each family has their own bedroom(s) and bathroom facilities. Families and Family Partners join each other for meals and activities at a central location.
- Each family is responsible for transportation to and from the retreat. (including transportation to and from local airports, when applicable.
- Children must receive medical clearance from their oncologist. (Children should be in stable health and “feeling up to” participating in our Lighthouse experience.) Families are responsible for submitting a signed consent form to Lighthouse so that Lighthouse can obtain a recommendation/referral from your child’s oncology health care team within 30 days of the retreat.
- Each family must abide by the guidelines of Lighthouse and sign the waivers/consent form to complete the application process. The unique bond of our “Lighthouse family” begins when we meet at check-in and the treasured memories multiply until our last “See ya laters.” Because we want to start and finish the retreat together as a “Lighthouse family”, we expect all families to arrive during the specified check-in times and remain throughout the “See ya laters.”
- While we hope that one day we will host enough retreats so that each family can return annually, currently the number of families we can serve is limited therefore we prioritize applications in this manner: Initial priority is given to first time applicants. Unfortunately, we now have a continually growing wait list of families who need and desire to spend a week and gain the Lighthouse experience. With this being our current state, it is our heart-felt desire to share the Lighthouse experience with as many new families as possible. Second priority is given to families who are requesting to return for an additional retreat.
- Families who have children with specialized medical needs will be evaluated for acceptance on an individual basis. Throughout the selection process, sensitivity is given to the child’s progression of illness and/or other related hardships. All families are welcome – regardless of race, religious affiliation, financial status or geographical location.
All Retreat Family Applications will open on December 5, 2016 at 9:00 AM.
In order to proceed with filling out your application, you must check the box above stating you agree to the guidelines of Lighthouse. After doing so, click below on “APPLY NOW”.APPLY NOW